Wednesday 15 June 2011

The winding road

Finally I've done it.

I've resigned.

After almost 5 years of LDR, I've got a job where N is. At first I was extremely happy, than the panic set in. How the hell am I supposed to learn up a new industry and work -alone- there?! After getting some sense knocked into me by N and the Pinkscalers, what I feel now is mostly "I can't believe this is actually happening! Dare I start to dream about what our life will be like together?"




During the interview, my future manager asked me "Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?". And for the life of me, I couldn't give him a proper answer. Lucky that didn't cost me the job!

But how do I explain to him that for the past 5 years, I've never planned more than a week in advance? If I start wondering and worrying about the future, I'd drive myself crazy because of all the unknowns. Many have asked me, how are you managing LDR for all these years. Well, N being amazing is one reason. Another is, I can only handle one day at a time. Beyond that my brain goes into overload and has a meltdown. I'm probably the most surprised person that all that days have accumulated into almost 5 years, more so because when N first moved away, I made it clear to him I'm not a LDR person.

I know the challenges ahead of me are many and varied but I know what I need to do.

One day at a time.

One step at a time.



I hope I remember and follow my own advice.

~Anya~

5 comments:

Lilo said...

you will sail through and nail it all down right on the head dear!

n u will do better than flying colours, trust me :)

all the best for the upcoming new job, new baby, n living with the old hubby ;) haha..

Anya said...

haha...thanks babe! :)

N.e.m.o said...

love your blog.. and didnt know you were not a LDR person.. could have fooled me.. you are the most sober person next to Snowflakes.. if you couldnt do LDR, no one can :P

Lilo said...

oh btw, those sexy legs are hawt! :p

Anya said...

credit goes to the owner of the sexy legs.. ;)
and nemo, you never know what you're capable of until you're forced to do it.. lol..