Tuesday 15 December 2009

Unwanted advice

As the clock to my wedding date is ticking faster and faster, I find myself becoming a victim of well-meaning but unwanted advice from so many people. Some people even take the liberty of planning out my life for me.

And these are not even people that know me very well! They don't know my birthday, my hobbies, my tastes in clothes and worst still half of them don't even know my fiance's name until I give them my wedding invitation (why I have to give these people my wedding invitation is another story all together about weddings and Indians!)

I just thought I'd list down the advice I've got from all this wonderful people:

1. Have a baby next year
2. Have another baby the year after that
3. Send your babies to your parents/in-laws to babysit while you're at work
4. Send your babies to a nanny if you don't want to trouble your parents/in-laws
5. Move in with your in-laws after the wedding
6. Buy your own house after the wedding
7. Ask your husband to leave his (well paying) job (that he loves) and move to the city
8. Don't move away from the city
9. Don't get married until you can afford a house
10. A church wedding is not a church wedding until you wear a huge gown with a long, looonngg train
11. Why honeymoon in Phuket? Why not Koh Samui, Krabi or Bali?

I really don't see how me taking any of the advice above will enrich their lifes....or mine!

-A-

3 comments:

Lilo said...

O.M.G!
n you didn't slap them all? how could you not, babe? :p

Anonymous said...

I wish Lilo...I wish I could... but you know how it is ;p -Anya-

Patsy Chong said...

LOL. Hopefully I don't get this when it's MY turn to get married. Huhuhu =.=